1. Head and Assistant Swim Instructor Qualifications required, at a minimum, are a current Instructors Certificate through the Lifesaving Society and a National Lifeguard Society Certificate. Applicants should be energetic, creative and passionate about children. The ideal Head position candidate will be a great leader, work well as a team and require minimal supervision. The ideal Assistant position candidate needs to be dependable, take direction well and possess a willingness to learn. The salary range for these positions start at $11 to $13 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
2. Swim Program Assistant We are looking for teen cottagers, with an interest in a future Swim Instructor position, wanting to help our swimming program run smoothly. Interested applicants should be a min. of 13 years old, have a Bronze Medallion certification or higher, have experience with children, and are willing to take initiative and direction. There will be an honorarium offered of $50.00 per week or we can confirm participation for high school volunteer hour requirements.
*A minimum two week commitment is required.
Responsibilities may include:
• Helping to set up for lessons in the am (i.e., putting out signage, getting equipment set out)
• Cleaning up and maintaining the beach and adjoining park area (i.e., removing geese feces, raking)
• Assisting during the lessons in the water (i.e., helping to engage younger swimmers in games)
• Instructors may also delegate other tasks as needed
HLCA Grass Cutting
Seeking an individual with their own equipment to cut / trim the grass at the HLCA Hall and the Public Beach starting in May and finishing in September. Cutting will be required a minimum of every other week paying special attention to when events are scheduled. Salary will be a new flat rate of $1,700. Send a resume & cover letter to: email@example.com no later than Friday, April 30, 2021.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted to set up an interview time at the HLCA Hall on the May long weekend.